This course is a follow-up to Defensive Handgun 1. This is a 16-hour course. If you have not touched your firearm since the Defensive Handgun 1 course or if you have not practiced consistently than this course may not be for you. You will be challenged physically and mentally.
Upon completion, you will have the knowledge skills and abilities to avoid a dangerous confrontation or prevail in a life-threatening situation.
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol – Full size and compact pistols only. Example – Glock 19, or Smith & Wesson 2.0 compact.
- 4-6 magazines minimum. More is better
- Hat with brim, baseball cap
- Optional, loading devices
- Dominant side, hip-mounted holster or dominant side, belt-mounted holster that does not have a trigger finger retention device.
- Magazine pouch(es)
- Sturdy belt least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning. NO OPEN TOE SHOES
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather, pants must have belt loops
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Electronic amplified earmuffs and earplugs
- Note taking material
- Cleaning Gear
- Special tools – if required
- Manual for pistol, optic, etc. if available
- Range bag
- Review and reinforcement of DH-1 Principles
- Presentations and recovery from the holster
- Sight picture and its relationship to size and distance
- Refining shooting fundamentals
- Reloading techniques
- Malfunction clearance procedures
- Single hand techniques
- Moving then shooting
- Barricade shooting techniques
- Low Light shooting techniques
- Approximate round count is 800 – 900 rounds